Friday, June 25, 2010

Love my Daddy! {father's day weekend 2010}


On Jamie's first Father's Day weekend in 2008 (Payton was 9 months old) I drug him outside for a small photo shoot. Those turned out to be some of my all time favorite pictures of my boys! I had been thinking about those and had my camera out from a family session I did that evening when inspiration hit me. I then had to drag both boys outside to capture the new images above. The new images were taken on Father's Day weekend 2010 (Payton was 2 years & 9 months old). I am so glad I was able to convince them both to do this! It is really cool to see the comparison over the last 2 years. Payton has changed so much but there is no mistaking those blue eyes, strawberry blond hair and little expressive "rubber face". I didn't want the images to be exact replicas but they really turned out pretty close! The fun was discovering things in both old and new images that I didn't even plan or notice were the same until I was in the editing process. Notice in the black and white picture above with the boys sitting on the lawn that Payton was grabbing his toes in both images. I just love that! We hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day weekend and a fantastic summer. We love you all dearly!

1 comment:

Mama Schriefer said...

So adorable, Bonnie, and a wonderful idea. Payton's grown so much over the last two years and continues to blossom into the handsome young man he will one day be. :)

--Holly